Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Long Roads

It's been awhile since I have been on here. Oops.

I have recently discovered that I trust people way too much. I open up thinking other's intentions are as honest as mine. I forget what world we live in. It's not the happy go lucky place that I reside in. I've tried to make a valiant effort in trusting no one until given a reason to trust but it's a hard task. It's weird trying to change a way you've been forever. It is also the reason I get screwed so frequently.

My mom sent me an email today (yeah it was one of those chain ones) but it really hit home. It talked about how everyone comes into our lives for a reason...whether they hurt us or not, their impact is meant to happen. It could be to make us stronger, show us a new way of thinking, or to change our course. It's interesting to think that those who have been in my life and tried to destroy it were there because it was supposed to happen that way. I wasn't destroyed, just changed. My path got a little bumpier but it's clearing out.

Then there's the whole forgive and forget concept. I struggle with this. I know how to forgive, Lord knows I've forgiven people who don't deserve it, but I'm not sure I know how to forget. If it's a life changing event then it's hard to forget what a person did. They've altered you and changed the path.

On the other hand, if you do forgive and forget it can't go back to how it used to be. Nothing is ever the same. You can try but its worthless. It will just grow in a different direction. Maybe that's not such a bad thing since there was obviously something wrong the first go round.

So forgive and forget but don't trust anyone until given a reason. Is it at all possible?

No comments: