Sunday, August 31, 2008

A year

Next Saturday marks one year since my son was born. It's hard to believe that I've been a mom for that long. In fact I feel like I was asleep for the most part of it.



I've changed hundreds, maybe thousands of diapers, I've been thrown up on, and peed on 4 times (after the first few times you learn to change diapers really quick!!) I've been bit, I've been kissed the best kiss ever, and I've wiped endless tears after kissing boo boos.



I've cried just about every time he does something new (except when he learned to throw...not cool!!). He learned to lift his head, smile, laugh, roll, army crawl, crawl, clap, blow raspberries, high five, and say uh oh. He's just now starting to walk. There are just so many things that happen in the first year of their lives that it is amazing. And it is nowhere close to being over. He has a lot more to learn.



I never thought I would be a mom. I knew I wanted a baby but not any time soon...my how mysterious life works. Now I don't remember what life was like without him. He has changed my life in endless ways. I'm stronger, faster, and not very squeemish. He's the best thing to ever happen to me. I hope I live up to his expectations and he grows up to be the coolest, smartest, loving little boy.



Happy Birthday baby!!

No comments: