Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Empty empty empty

I decided since I have the worst case of writer's block I would write about it. Writing about writer's block...oh the irony.

I've had this wicked case for about a year now. I haven't produced a single piece worthy of sharing nor have I even been able to make myself sit and write. WHY!?!?!? I have several ideas but no answers. I want it fixed. Maybe it's because the society we live in makes us want instant gratification...random?? I miss being able to sit, drink coffee, smoke a cigarette and BAM I had an idea. Now I sit and try to write and I can't catch a single idea that is whirling around. I have plenty of ideas but no words to express them. If that makes any sense. Hell I even have titles for things but no freaking content!! So here are my theories...let me know what you think or if you have any way of battling this block.

My first theory is related to motherhood. Maybe since I have become a mom my brain has transformed. It happens...seriously! What if all mom's go through this transition after having a child where they can no longer feel intelligent enough to write. Ok I will debunk this one because seriously there are WAYYY to many successful women writers who have kids...ex/ JK Rowling.

Ok second theory. I have completely lost the one talent I had. Karma is laughing at me for all the times I ripped reporters I work with for being so stupid and not writing well. Or I just lost it and it's gone. So what do I do now? I have an unfinished book and a ton of short stories/poems/rants. Do I just toss them and say oh well alls well that ends well? I have no answer for this theory.

Third theory. I have not had one intelligent conversation over the past year and my brain is just hibernating from lack of stimulation. I used to have endless conversations about absolutely nothing and now I don't. I think my most interesting conversation lately was someone at work talking about a pump for the male region...really? Yeah who knew! I'm craving those conversations and until I satiate that hunger my writing will just lack.

Fourth. Work made me stupid...enough said.

And finally. drum roll please. I haven't had the immense heartache/dillemas that enabled me to write in the past. Before it seemed I was always around downers and that gave me content. I didn't necessarily write about me just my perspective. Now since I have no friends or at least ones I talk to on a regular basis give or take one or two...I have nothing to replace it with. I could write about my son and how happy he makes me but really could anyone sit through 10 pages of me yapping on about how amazing and cute he is? I guess that wouldn't be writer's block though.

1 comment:

mcc monk said...

you're cute when you're being neurotic...elequent too.